Lead Web Developer (m|f|x) Page Speed
The team: Product Discovery
The product discovery teams help our customers to choose the best fitting product for their particular needs.
We provide a comprehensive overview of all available products as well as all the tools to navigate that space, be it through search, facet filters, curated pages or recommendations.
We work on the category and search result pages, the wish list and home page and on providing a complete catalog of our current inventory.
About your new role
- You will ensure that idealo comes and stays among the three fastest e-commerce websites in Germany
- You are responsible for building knowledge and establishing best practices in the area of web technologies and web performance through collaboration with developers and product owners
- You will lead the conception and technical implementation of measures to improve loading times across the entire stack, down to protocol level, with a focus on the web frontend / browser runtime
- You are responsible for the definition of KPIs and metric thresholds that ensure our continuous delivery pipeline catches performance regressions before they go live
- As this is a new role in our organization, you have the opportunity to actively shape the processes to find solutions to our challenges
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 5 years professional experience as a software engineer in the development of modern web applications
- You come with proven practical experience in performance engineering
- You are dedicated to solve problems
- You like to work in an agile and delivery focused environment
- You give and take open, constructive feedback. It is not always easy but that is the foundation of great teams
- You have excellent communication skills in German and English - both written and verbal
At idealo you can expect
- Upon starting at idealo you will get all the equipment you need to perform at your best and are invited to our welcome days for onboarding
- We offer a large degree of responsibility and freedom in an international and inspirational environment
- We share knowledge and learnings through tech talks, tech communities and product demos
- We provide training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- We value our culture of trust, freedom, and responsibility. Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- 800 motivated colleagues and a cool office loft in the trendy district of Kreuzberg in Berlin!
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.