E-Commerce Web Developer (Java) (f|m|x)
Are you both an enthusiastic online shopper and a software engineer who is not only a consumer but also a creator? Join Team Checkout and shape how users will shop online at idealo in the future.
We are dedicated to providing the best user experience through great software built by a great team.
There is a lot of work to do, a lot to learn - and a lot of fun as well!
About your new role
- Design, build, run, and maintain our e-commerce software landscape in an active and impactful way
- Take responsibility for the full development life cycle. From digging for requirements, coding and reviewing, to deploying and monitoring your code to the real world
- Understand our existing code base and evolve it conscientiously when required
- Communicate and collaborate in a cross-functional team with developers, product owners, UX designers, and other teams
- Work in a truly agile, flexible, open, and trusted environment
- Run A/B tests, iterate, repeat, and operate in experiment mode when necessary
Skills & Requirements
- You have several years of hands-on experience in building modern web applications with technologies like Java, Spring, REST-APIs, Microservices, Jenkins, and at best React for the frontend - or are able to pick it up quickly with your true full-stack mindset
- You have a background or thirsty interest in e-commerce software development
- You have a proven track record of finishing the relevant stuff that brings the team forward
- You have a sense of solving problems, the smart and simple way. May it be by writing software or without
- You are a real team player, who takes ownership of everything you do
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal. Learning German is a plus
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.