Development Team Lead – Search Engine Optimization (m|f|x)
Millions of people use search engines such as Google to find products they would like to buy. The goal of our development team is to implement technical solutions, that push idealo to the top search result positions enabling our customers to find great deals. To achieve this goal, our team centralizes and operates services for the calculation and provision of SEO data (indexation, crawler management, and internal linking) delivered via front-ends.
We are looking for a Team Lead (m|f|x), either full-time or part-time, to manage a team of eight developers in dual leadership with the product owner. Our team’s core philosophy is data-driven development, automatize as much as possible, enabling and working at eye level with our stakeholders (SEO managers)
About your new role
- You will manage a team of eight developers in dual leadership with the product owner
- You enable the team to collaborate effectively in a constantly changing environment and contribute to optimizing internal processes
- You support our engineers both in their professional and personal development as well as growing as a team through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- As a member of the leadership team, you support the shaping of structure and cooperation within our department
- You shape the strategy of your team's product together with their product owner. You are the sparring partner for the product owner on the level of strategy
- You foster the self-organization of your team by empowering them to take responsibility for streams of business value and technical components
You will arrive in an environment with a healthy and appreciative feedback and error culture
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 3 years of experience building and leading software development teams and delivering working software with them, ideally as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, or Team Lead
- You support incremental value delivery, continuous improvement, and advancement of the agile development process
- You lay emphasis on resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation. We don't expect you to write or review code, so this role may not be for you if you will deeply miss those things
- You communicate clearly, are empathetic, and know-how to create a motivating environment for your employees. You communicate with employees and colleagues at eye level
Language: excellent English in written and verbal form. Proficiency in German on level C1 or C2 is a plus
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!