Data Engineer - Marketing Intelligence & Data Automation (m|w|x)
The idealo Marketing Department is made up of a diverse mix of marketing channels that together drive traffic to our website and app. To run and monitor their work, our channels rely on a large number of datasources that are currently spread across different systems. The Data Management team at idealo is in the process of building a cutting-edge data platform on top of an AWS based data lake. In this context, we formed a team within marketing that will be responsible for ingesting all relevant marketing data sources into the data lake, and for building novel data products on top of these datasources. We are looking for a software engineer that is passionate about data science, or a data scientist who takes pride in the quality of their code, to join a small team that will drive data innovation within idealo marketing.
- As part of the Marketing Automation Team you you will work on liberating data from their individual silos across our marketing systems and onboarding it onto the idealo data lake in order to transform it into actionable insights and data-fueled automation products
- You will build data pipelines to integrate data from multiple marketing sources, design and implement data models that fit our business needs and maintain built processes and ensure transparency of our ecosystem.
- You will play a vital role in supporting automation efforts to minimize manual work for our marketing channel teams, be a trusted advisor for cloud marketing initiatives by providing objective, practical, and relevant ideas, and insights.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to architecture, tools and development process improvements within marketing data infrastructure.
- You have a scientific background, ideally computer science, mathematics or statistics and have advanced experience in python ETL.
- Having worked with AWS/ Terraform/ PySpark a big plus and the ideal candidate already has experience with data pipeline management tools (e.g. Airflow) and containerisation.
You have a solid understanding of best practices in software engineering, such as testing and clean code, first experience with marketing topics and tools such as tracking, CLV modeling and multitouch attribution is a plus.
At idealo you can expect
An intensive exchange of knowledge within the team and close cooperation with the various areas of idealo
- No boredom! There's always something going on here! We offer individual further training opportunities for your specialist or management career
- A highly motivated team that is already looking forward to your support and to developing strategies with you to achieve common goals
- Everything your idealo heart desires - from cool idealo benefits to organic breakfast
- and rental bikes for the lunch break
- A dynamic working environment and optimal working conditions offer you the ideal basis to give free rein to your creativity and performance in your profession
- A dedicated executive - onboarding, which will give you a good start in the idealo culture
idealo is a success story from Berlin: In 2000 we started with the mission to help our users make the right buying decisions. In the heart of Berlin, more than 900 employees from 40 nations work on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and independent work, sustainability and a healthy work/life balance. These values are firmly anchored in our culture and are a fundamental part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just the way you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a degree of disability play no role.