Country Manager Team UK (m|f|x)
Here at idealo we are a diverse group of people from all corners of the world. We’re committed to pushing the idealo brand to the next level in exciting markets beyond Germany and this drives us to achieve more each day. Almost like a start-up within idealo itself, we are constantly experimenting and looking for innovations to fuel our exceptional growth. As Country Manager you are in charge of the operational and strategic development of idealo.co.uk and are responsible for the site's success.
About your new role
- You will be responsible for the growth, revenue, profit and budgets for all of idealo's UK operations
- You will lead, motivate and coordinate team members in each department working on the UK project, from Sales to Content and Marketing
- Within our company´s matrix organisational structure you will define business goals in accordance with the head of each department and drive growth strategies.
- You are in charge of annual business and budget planning in conjunction with department heads
- You are always on the lookout for promising future business partners, with a view to building strategic collaborations
- Your project’s KPIs are your driving force. You know the market and competition in the UK inside out, and will always keep your team´s best interests in mind
- You take sustained responsibility for overseeing all actions related to the UK operation and regularly report to the department heads
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least five years of experience, preferably gained at a renowned e-commerce company, consulting agency, or start-up, as well as two years of leadership experience.
- You graduated with honours in a Business or Economics degree or a degree with similar or more impressive status
- You are an independent, organised, assertive, and respected colleague that leads by example and inspires your colleagues across the hierarchy of the UK team
- Data, numbers and facts are the foundation of your decisions
- You have an analytical mind, and your ideas stem from your business experience and professional knowledge
- You have a dynamic, engaging personality, as well as a constant dedication to succeed
- Native fluency in English is a must. German and other languages are a plus
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1000 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a great work-life balance. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and are an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international atmosphere and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only is our product portfolio diverse, but so are the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability do not play a role.
Don’t worry – idealo is still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We're still hiring great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo.