Business Intelligence Engineer (f|m|x)
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer/Data Engineer highly passionate about data modeling and self-service BI. You will be part of a product team responsible for our data warehouse - developing, running, maintaining the full product end-to-end. By that you enable our executive board and other stakeholders in analyzing our business performance and validating business strategies.
About your new role
- Be an active part in migrating our data warehouse from on-premise to AWS
- Build an innovative data warehouse on top of an AWS based data lake
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the full stack
- Support the definition and reporting on Enterprise KPIs
- Support stakeholders with dashboards and analyses
- Teach stakeholders in creating dashboards and reports
- Actively drive data awareness at idealo
Skills and Requirements
- You have a passion for processing big data and integrating them into dimensional models
- You have a strong hands-on background in data analysis, business intelligence or similar
- You have proven experience with SQL and at least one programming language (Python or Scala preferred)
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code
- You have experience with at least one data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau)
- You have experience with (big) data architectures on AWS
- You are able to translate complex modelling into data stories and communicate your work to non-experts
- You aim to enable others for self-service analytics
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- Onboarding program including Welcome Day, Trainings and individual incorporation
- The chance to work together on our goals, while also working to create something new
- 800 motivated colleagues and a cool office loft in the trendy district of Kreuzberg
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy and Spain).
As a member of our team, you can look forward to working with a large degree of freedom in an international and inspirational environment. We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 800 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.